Monday, April 23, 2007

The Friendliest Ghost You Know

Lindsay replaced her stolen bike early this year, and I replaced mine while visiting Seattle in March. The weather has been crappy enough since we got back that I have been unable to really take her out and ride.

Yesterday was beautiful, though, and I decided to check off a "Need to do before leaving New York" item and get a nice ride in by circumscribing the island of Manhattan. It was a 31 mile, nearly 3 hour ride with moments of awesome, irksome, and where-the-hell-am-I? And cell phone pictures!
The Awesome: A tall ship at the Southstreet seaport

Directly under the Brooklyn Bridge

A cherry tree by on the west side bike path

The Irksome:
Thanks, Manhattan, for the fantastic signage!

Where-the-hell-am-I?
The signage gets significantly worse the further north and east you are.

And lastly, my new ride: bought in Seattle, shipped to New York, and totally awesome
She's named Casper.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What kind of cell phone takes such awesome photos? I must know.

1:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home